An Update on Visiting
We’re absolutely delighted that so many of our residents have finally been able to see their loved ones after so long and we know how much difference it makes. Happily, restrictions are continuing to ease but as always, the safety of our residents will remain our top priority.
As a reminder, various precautions are still in place to protect the health of all our residents, our visitors and our staff, including:
- Indoor visits continue and are expanded. Each resident now has up to five nominated visitors who must each have a lateral flow test prior to the visit, have their temperature taken and wear PPE.
- Garden visits are again being arranged, as the weather improves. These visits are subject to the same precautions as indoor visits.
- Where necessary, ‘Pod’ visits are still possible. Up to two people may attend ‘Pod’ visits as long as they are from the same household, or support bubble. There is no requirement for visitors to have a lateral flow test or to use PPE for a ‘Pod’ visit.
- Nominated visitors can also now take their loved one out of the home to enjoy the sunshine! This is currently limited to outdoor areas such as local parks and is subject to the same precautions as indoor visits.
- Every visitor to any of our homes must undergo a lateral flow test before being admitted, to reduce the risk of transmission, particularly by non-symptomatic people carrying the virus unknowingly.
- Staff members are all tested, in line with Government guidance three times each week, twice by lateral flow and once by PCR test;
- All residents are tested monthly, using PCR tests.
We are arranging and facilitating as many visits and trips out as possible, but all must be booked in advance to ensure we can keep our residents safe. It’s a busy time, but we will do everything we can to make sure you can see your loved ones.
The easiest way to book a visit is to call the home and make arrangements directly. However, our teams are very busy and so we know some of you are struggling to get through on the phone. If so, you can also book a visit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Leave a message in your email with a contact phone number and we will endeavour to get back to you in less than 48 hours.
If you have any questions about arranging a visit, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.