Visiting at Borough Care
We are welcoming visitors to our Borough Care homes and ask that you follow the procedure below when planning a trip to visit your loved one. The safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff is still our top priority. Covid has not gone away and some of our homes will find themselves experiencing outbreaks. An outbreak consists of 2, or more, positive (or clinically suspected) cases of Covid during a 14-day period. These homes will close to visitors until their isolation period ends.
Planning Your Visit
- Please contact the home prior to your visit to check that the care home is open to visitors. There are no restrictions on the number of visitors for each resident, however, calling ahead will help us avoid large numbers visiting at the same time.
- All visitors must take a Lateral Flow test and test negative before they can be enter the home. You can take the test at the care home (this will require waiting outside the home for around 30 minutes). Alternatively you can take a test at home before arriving, and bring it with you to show your negative status.
- All visitors must always wear a face mask during their visit, with exceptions for children under two years old.
- Once hands are washed properly, adult visitors will be able to hold hands with their loved one.
- Please follow all instructions given by our team during your visit, to protect everyone
- Our staff continue to wear face masks for protection, as well as wearing gloves and aprons.
- Residents are continuing to routinely test for Covid-19 every 28 days, while staff take a Lateral Flow Test before starting each shift.
- If a resident or member of staff feels unwell, even if they are not displaying Covid-19 symptoms, they will be tested at once.
- A spring booster of the COVID-19 vaccine is available to people who live in care homes. Where applicable, residents are partaking in the spring booster roll-out.
Once again, thank you for your continued support. We are delighted to welcome you into our homes, giving you more freedom to see your family members as they live life in colour at Borough Care.