Merry Christmas to our residents, their friends and family, and to our wonderful staff! We wish you all a peaceful and relaxing festive break.
2019 has been an eventful year for Borough Care and its residents. We’ve seen improvements and changes in our homes, as well as lots of activities and social events that demonstrate our ‘life in colour’ ethos.
We’ve picked out some of our proudest moments of the year, although it must be said that our proudest achievement by far is providing the very best care we can for your loved one.
- We’re All ‘Good’ – This year, CQC acknowledged our hard work and dedication and rated every one of our care homes as ‘Good’. We won’t stop here though. We’ll continue to strive for excellence in 2020.
- Dementia Action Week 2019 – We honoured our residents living with dementia with a packed week of activities, inviting people into our homes and getting out into the community, to bust some myths around dementia.
- Making Memories Project – We were so proud to have worked with Cheadle Hulme High School, Care UK and Pure Art Studio in Stockport on a ground-breaking intergenerational art project. Using the medium of photography, our residents and students worked together to create an art exhibition based around the theme of “memory”.
- Bruce Lodge Extension – We leapt into the 21st century with a modern and sustainable extension to Bruce Lodge…opening February 2020. And we have more plans to improve our homes throughout 2020…watch this space!
- New Faces on the Borough Care Board – This year we welcomed some fresh and exciting talent to our Board as we aspire to grow and improve. Welcome Lee, Rekha and Michael!
- Summer of Volunteering – Intergenerational relationships are vital for fostering respect, learning and appreciation of others. We were thrilled to welcome young volunteers from the National Citizen Service and Headstart to our homes over the summer.
- Postcards of Kindness – Our involvement in this lovely and heart-warming project to combat loneliness has been so beneficial and enjoyable for our residents.
- Employee Awards and Staff Conference – a chance for us to recognise and reward the hard work and dedication of our incredible staff.
- Nutritious and delicious – good, hearty, healthy food is integral to our residents staying fit and well. This year saw us partner up with apetito to launch new menus and go on a journey from ‘Farm to Plate’.
- My Hub – as part of our mission to drive efficiency through technology, we welcomed a new online system that will reduce the time spent on paperwork and improve our internal communications so we have even more time to do what we do best – caring for residents.
What an incredible year! And, as we enter a brand-new decade, we will continue to evolve, improve and most importantly, care.